How to Record Yourself with Movie Maker in 10 Easy Steps
Using the new built-in cameras in the laptops at WIC, it is easy to record video of yourself!
1. You can find Microsoft Movie Maker in the Applications folder. Once you have Movie Maker open, choose “Capture Video from Device” and then select “Integrated Camera.”
2. Enter a name for your file and choose a location to save it in. The default location is the My Videos subfolder within the My Documents folder.
3. Choose a setting to determine quality and size of your video. We recommend the first option “Best quality for playback on my computer.”
4. To record a continuous clip, be sure that the option “Create clips when wizard finishes” is not selected.
5. Using the Preview window, adjust your position until you are displayed clearly within the frame. Select “Start Capture” to start recording.
6. When you are done, select “Stop Capture” to stop recording. To record continuous clips, you may repeat the above steps to Start and Stop Capture as many times as you wish before selecting Finish. To record separate clips, select Finish and start again from Step 2.
7. Recently recorded clips will appear at the top of your screen in the Toolbar.
8. If you have multiple clips, arrange them in order on the Storyboard.
9. You now have the option to edit your video and add effects such as titles. For more information on edits and effects see Movie Making Tips.
10. When you are ready to finish your video, select “Save to my computer”. You will create a .wmv file playable on any standard media player.